IDS Governance: Setting Up for Ethical and Effective Use
Author(s): Actionable Intelligence for Social Policy
Published by AISP
In 2016, AISP received funding from The Laura and John Arnold Foundation to convene four panels of industry experts and document best practices in the IDS field related to governance, legal issues, technology and security, and data standards. These reports serve as the foundation of the AISP training and technical assistance curriculum, and are available as a resource to the field at large.
This particular report focuses on strong data governance practices, and includes activities like:
- Starting with Vision, Mission, and Principles to Guide Ethical IDS Use
- Stakeholder Mapping
- Common Policies and Procedures
- Helpful Questions on “Data Maturity” to Ask During IDS Development
- Important IDS Governance and Security Documents to Consider
- IDS Staff: Recommended Skills, Competencies, and Training
Gibbs, Linda, Amy Hawn Nelson, Erin Dalton, Joel Cantor, Stephanie Shipp, and Della Jenkins.
2017. IDS Governance: Setting Up for Ethical and Effective Use. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania, Actionable Intelligence for Social Policy. https://aisp.upenn.edu/wpcontent/uploads/2016/07/Governance.pdf.