GPL’s mission is to improve the safety, education, and economic stability of Georgia’s children and families through rigorous research and long-term partnerships with state government agencies and school districts.
We improve outcomes for our state’s children and families by
- conducting research to understand the impacts of current policies and programs;
- piloting new interventions and creating early warning systems to better utilize scarce resources;
- providing recommendations for scale-up of effective programs and policies, including measurement and implementation tracking;
- increasing the research capacity in government agencies through skill development and a student pipeline; and
- creating a data warehouse that allows for more contextualized analysis of how programs and policies impact people’s lives.
Our partnerships lie at the heart of GPL. Our partners guide our questions, help us understand context, and commit to scaling evidence-based programs. We work collaboratively to address questions that cannot be answered by one agency alone and empower the research staff of our partner agencies through advanced methodological training.